Roundup Program Details
A Roundup is a Flash-based, digital mini-magazine on a specific topic. The topic will be mutually agreed upon by Penton and the sponsor.
The following list of specifications applies to all Roundups, unless modified in writing in an Insertion Order.
- Penton will suggest editorial content for the Roundup, which the sponsor will approve within seven business days. The editorial content for the Roundup will be a series of related articles collected from IndustryWeek or Business Finance magazines; or the IndustryWeek.com or BusinessFinanceMag.com websites; or other Penton Media publications as appropriate.
- The Roundup will be up to 26 pages in length. Approximate page counts:
- Cover, 2 pages
- Table of contents, 2 pages
- Sponsor content/ads, 2 pages
- Editorial content, 18 pages
- Links, 1 page
- Copyright info, 1 page
- Sponsor's logo will be included on each spread, so that it is always visible when a user is reading the Roundup.
- Sponsor may choose to include up to two pages of advertising in the Roundup. Advertising can take one or both of the following forms:
- An "about Sponsor" element that may include marketing text about the company or its products.
- A graphical advertisement supplied by Sponsor. Graphical ads may be half-page, full-page, or two-page spreads. Graphical ads may be linked to a Sponsor website, if desired.
- Sponsor is permitted to include up to one page of links. Links can take one or both of the following forms:
- A "resources" element that contains links to Sponsor web pages. Sponsor will provide links and descriptive text.
- A "case studies/white papers" element that links to various case studies or white papers provided in PDF format. Sponsor will provide links and descriptive text. Sponsor is responsible for ensuring availability to any files that are externally linked
- Penton will supply Sponsor with a production schedule outlining significant dates in the development of the Roundup. For all items on the production schedule that require Sponsor action or approval, Penton will not be responsible for any failure to perform that occurs as a result of Sponsor's failure to reasonably provide such action or approval on a timely basis. If Roundup starts late because of significant delays caused by Sponsor, the number of guaranteed leads for the entire program may be reduced on a pro-rated basis.
- The "start date" is the date the Roundup first appears on the IndustryWeek.com or BusinessFinanceMag.com website. Any special content requests (e.g. inserting video or audio, surveys or polls, Flash animations, etc.), or changes to the Roundup after the start date will incur additional costs, at a rate of $350 per hour. All such changes will be agreed upon in writing by both parties.
- Penton will create a registration page that will collect user information prior to users being permitted to view the Roundup.
- User registration data fields include name, job title, company, mailing address, city, state/province, postal code, country, phone, and e-mail. Sponsor may add up to three optional questions to the registration form, to be approved by Penton.
- Sponsor will receive the number of user registrations specified on the insertion order.
Marketing and Promotion
- Penton may use a variety of placements designed to drive qualified registrants to the Roundup. Placements may include: leaderboards, rectangles, skyscrapers, other graphical website ads, e-newsletter sponsorships, e-newsletter content mentions, links on websites, forum postings, mentions in Penton magazines, and/or other promotions. Selection of all promotional placements will be made at Penton's sole discretion.
- Sponsor is permitted and encouraged to promote the Roundup to its own customers and prospects. Penton will provide a link to the registration page for Sponsor promotions.
- Sponsor will receive an interactive PDF of the Roundup. Sponsor may distribute this PDF through its own website and marketing activities.
- The Roundup will remain available on the website for three months from the start date.
- If the Roundup does not produce the contracted number of user registrations during the three month duration, IW will extend the duration of the program until said number of registrations are obtained, at no additional cost to sponsor.
- Sponsorship fee will be invoiced upon the effective date and pro-rated over the three month duration of the Roundup, unless otherwise stated on the Insertion Order. Payment terms will be net 30 days.
- In the event of cancellation, Sponsor will pay according to the schedule below:
- 50% of the sponsorship fee if the cancellation occurs prior to the start date
- 100% of the sponsorship fee if the cancellation occurs on or after the start date
- Sponsor will receive weekly registration reports in Excel format.